Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My little girl is getting so big!!!

I have had the bed rails for Addy's full size bed for some time now. I was just dragging my feet to put them up because that meant my little girl was growing up. We have all 3 been sleeping in our bed and none of us getting much sleep at night! So I knew it was time. I picked Addy up on Friday and we started talking about a girl bed. She kept telling me she wanted to sleep with mommy and not want a big girl bed. Then finally she said OK I do. So we headed home and she was excited about taking her little bed down! We had most of it tore down before Jeremy got home and then he helped us finish it. We headed out Saturday morning in search of the perfect mattress. After going to several furniture stores we finally found what we were looking for. She was so excited that Nana & Pops helped her get it all set up. She was really looking forward to sleeping in her big girl bed that night. So we headed to Wal-Mart to get the rest of our needs. She did sleep in her bed that night for 12 long hours. She went to bed early because of no nap Saturday so at 5:30 am Sunday morning she was wide awake. She finally got a good nights rest! I had to sneak a picture because she didn't move most of the night. (I know because I checked on her I think 100 times before I went to bed)
On Sunday morning we headed to Longview with Nana & Pops to find a bedspread. I didn't look hard because I wanted to something simple. I knew we would change in a couple of months/year and it was get dirty. So we found one at Target! After doing some more shopping and good eating at Red Lobster we finally headed home. Addy wanted some ice cream so stopped at Dairy Queen and got some dilly bars!! You can tell she loved her some Dilly Bar!!!! Look at those Big Eyes!!

Yummy Yummy!!!

We finally made it home to put final touches on her bed. The bed spread looks so cute and bright in her room. I still have to get some throw pillows and change out her curtains. In the end I think it will look so cute for such a little girl!!


Yes she has slept in her bed 3 nights now. Monday morning she got up at 7:00am on her own and was in a great mood. She also slept in there last night but did come in our room at 3:30am but to be honest mommy didn't mind having her little girl back in her bed!

No comments: